Good Morning Fellow Members
This is officially my first blog after the meeting, I hope you like my notes.
We had 2 new guests last night.
- Jonathan Brooke from South Carolina. He writes Historical Non-fiction. Welcome Jonathan, we look forward to hearing about your writing and learning from you.
- Sherry Rosenthal, writes Commercial Fiction. Welcome aboard.
Don’t forget to sign up for the conference and learn from the experts.
- The 2014 Las Vegas Writer’s Conference
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall Las Vegas,
- Nevada April 24 – 26, 2014
Tina Willis has the tri-folds ready. She will bring them to the next meeting. We ask that we all take at least 10 of them and pass them out to our peers. There are also ads in various magazines, hard print and in banner format. It is also in Let’s Talk Nevada.
Community Events for Las Vegas Locals! Events Listing of Local Happenings Scene Reviews Amazing Local Vendors Directory and More! Promote your Events and Event Services to Las Vegas Locals…
We are in the Meet Up Group, so please RSVP to show that we are coming to the meetings. We know that we come every week, but if we show attendance and support on Meet Up it will show Las Vegas that we are an actual group, we do attend and above all it gives our group credibility.
Due to the group we have 10 new signups since we started promoting.
Writer’s Block V
Audrey has sent out the scores by email. Congratulations to those of us who made the cut. We are all looking forward to reading your short story in the Anthology.
HWG Poetry Meeting
A place where you can read your poetry.
- Skinny Dugan’s
- 4127 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
- Wednesday 15 January 2014 – 06:30-08:30
- Repeat Every Month(s) on the Third Wednesday
- This month will be presented as a workshop.
- Open to the public, but only dues-paid members may read.
- Somnus did not take me
- I know, for I am awake
- I miss the land of dreams
- Morpheus steals me away
- From Somnus’ embrace
- To change my dreams again
- Andres Fragoso, Jr.
Las Vegas Writer’s Group
- Thursday 16 January 2014
- Repeat Every Month(s) on the Third Thursday
- Las Vegas Writer’s Group
- Monthly meeting ($5), with a speaker and networking.
Officers please do not forget we have a meeting Thursday, January 15, at 6 pm.
Members’ Published Books
Please submit your published book, cover in jpg to Gregory so he can place it on our website.
Andres (me), has offered to be the contact person for First Friday. He is trying to get with the organizations so we can sell our books as a group. He will try to join forces with another vendor that is indoors, to be protected from the elements. Which means that it will be more affordable to the authors who participate. When it get’s approved we will rotate our presence at the fair. Our goal is to sell our books collectively.
5th Annual Spring Fling Book Fair at Clark County Library
- Saturday, March 29, 2014.
- This is the 5th year anniversary book fair for local authors. Meet 100 local and regional authors who will be discussing and selling their new releases and bestsellers.
- Gregory will have a table there for the group. There are three shifts due to the large number of writers coming to it, about 150. We ask for volunteers to be present to give Gregory a chance to breath.
- A great opportunity to network and meet other authors.
- Facebook link
Donald Riggio is in a Live Radio show and in the Los Angeles Book Show. Congratulations.
Toni Pacini – was at the group meeting. Congratulations for joining us again. We sure missed ya.
TJ, has been told that her English Grammar was not good. She has taken classes and getting D’s and C’s. Congratulations on your English grades.
Erotica vs. Pornography
This evening was an interesting evening. I personally learned to put my prejudice aside and be open minded about other’s tolerance to Erotica. Sex is a subject that we don’t talk about, yet we do it. Lol.
Our speaker Lauren Tallman spoke about how to write Erotica. She was very informative and her comparisons and metaphors were openly accepted and educational. I now know the difference.
“Erotica is defined as ‘literature or art intended to arouse sexual desire.’ Unfortunately, it’s been confused with Pornography, which is defined as ‘manner so as to arouse a quick intense emotional reaction.”
During the Q&A, she dispelled many myths about it. Such as demographics and differences between man and women.
She used her own character Remi from her book (I’ll seek link for you), and her Best Seller ‘How to Have and Affair and not Get Caught.’
While on the Subject. Gregory suggested we have a Sex Night. No not what you think. A group meeting that we as writers are open to discuss writing erotica. For those of us who are interested in the subject, we will see you there. Our tentative first meeting will be the at the end of February. Looking forward to going.
Las Vegas Romance Writers
Join published and aspiring romance writers at the monthly meetings of Las Vegas Romance Writers- the Las Vegas Chapter of Romance Writers of America. We host monthly speakers or workshops on the craft of writing and the romance publishing industry. Writers of all genres are welcome, but our focus is on the most popular fiction genre: romance and its many subgenres. All writers are welcome to attend our meetings to see if we are a good fit for you. Members of this meetup group will receive invitations to all open meetings of LVRW.
HWG General Meeting
- The Coffee House
- 117 S. Water Street, Henderson, Nevada 89015
- Monday 20 January 2014 06:30-08:30
- Repeat Every Month(s) on the Third Monday Regular weekly meeting includes brief updates, group business, announcements, officer reports, and brags. Followed by member reading and critiques. Open to the public, but only dues-paid members may read.
Notes from The Blogger:
Thank you all for your support. I look forward to writing more for the group. I will be posting everyday and keeping you informed. Come back to the blog everyday and learn something new.
I will write about News and Upcoming Events; Articles about our Writer’s, Published books by our authores, Quotes, Articles about how to promote your book.
I humbly request Quotes, Your Book information with why you wrote it and where can we find it, advices, and questions you want answered by your fellow members.
Thank you all for your support
Andres Fragoso, Jr.
The HWG Blogger.